Tuesday 17 June 2014

The do-it-all cream: Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream



The Elizabeth Eight Hour Cream is a well-known product in the beauty world. It can be seen as a classic and a must-have, which isn't strange as it is really a multitask product. I've been using the Eight Hour Cream for two years, and thought it would be a great product to write about for my first ever (real) blogpost!

The first time I used this, I was blown away by the effect it had. At the time, I had the driest, most painful lips I had ever had and this solved the problem almost immediately. It instantly felt soothing and I knew it would do a lot of good. I know this sounds like I'm romanticizing the moment, but this really is the truth. After I used it a few times, the dry patches on my lips (sounds gross, I know, sorry) had disappeared and my lips felt soft again.

The cream is great for your lips, but it also amazing for many other things. In the past, I've used this for my elbows, scratches on my hand, my cuticles and other dry areas on my body. It's also great as a highlighter on top of makeup, or so I've read, because I've yet to try that out! It seems a bit scary to put a very creamy product on top of your foundation, but today I saw great pictures in a magazine were the Eight Hour Cream was used as a highlighter. I have to say, it looked stunning. It gave the most gorgeous dewy and fresh look! So I know what I'll be doing the next time I'm putting makeup on my face!  




The two products I have from the Eight Hour Cream products are the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant (which I can't find online) and the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant. I only use it on my lips before I go to sleep, because I don't want them to get used to it too much and I don't want to use it up too quickly as this is quite an expensive cream. But if you ask me if it's worth its price, then I would definitely say yes! It has so many purposes and is so effective, that I couldn't live without it. I wouldn't now what to do if I didn't have this on hand on a cold winter's day. I think my lips wouldn't survive that...

The only downside to this product, yes, there is one, is the packaging of the Lip Protectant. When the tin is opened and closed many times, it becomes stiff and is hard to close and open. My first tin got stuck, and wouldn't open, no matter how hard I tried. In the end, I became so desperate that I used a screwdriver to get it to open again... But it must be said that when you handle the tin with care, and don't go smashing the lid on every time you use it, it will be fine and your tin should last.

Have you tried the Eight Hour Cream already? What did you think of it? Or do you have any other recommendations that are less expensive or maybe better (I would be suprised!)?


2 comments:

  1. I need to try this cream, everybody has been raving about it.
    http://beautyfineprint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have three and I can't open the tin so dissapoinded they cost so much. They need to look at the design.

    ReplyDelete