Saturday 21 June 2014

My favourite nail polishes for this summer




















































Today I want to show you some of my favourite nail polishes that I'll definitely be using a lot this summer! They're bright, except one, and all very summery to me! These shades always make me happy, so that's a good thing.

Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Nail Polish - Something New
Let's start with this pretty orange shade! This shade is in theme with the World Cup, as it is the national colour of the Netherlands! I really love this nail polish, as it isn't just bright orange, there's also a bit of pink in it, which makes it slightly more on the coral side. The formula of this nail polish is really easy to work with, but it is not very opaque. Even when I've put on 3 coats, the nail still shines through a bit. The good part is that it dries quickly and stays on pretty long. Nail polishes in general don't last very long on my nails, but this one probably stays on the longest out of all of these.

Barry M Nail Polish - Raspberry
This one has to be my holy grail nail polish (yes, I said it). I always grab this one when I need a quick and beautiful manicure. It makes my hands look so much better and feminine. To me, this is a very classic looking red, but it also suits my skin tone as it is also a plum(ish) colour. I really like the formula of these, they are quick drying nail polishes and this colour goes on opaque in one coat!

Catrice Nail Polish - It's All I Can Blue
First of all, I love the name! Catrice always has these quirky names, they make me smile! Now this shade always gets a lot of attention whenever I'm wearing it. It's a very bright in-your-face blue colour, which I love. The brushes of these nail polishes are great because they are quite big, so very easy to work with. The formula doesn't last very long on my nails, though, but maybe the problem can be solved with a good top coat (I'm still looking for "the one", any recommendations?). This one goes opaque in two coats.

Essie Nail Polish - Mint Candy Apple 
I remember when this shade got a lot of attention a few years back, which is very understandable, because it's the nicest mint shade I've come across so far! I don't wear this a lot, but do really love it, so I really should use it more often! The formula of Essie nail polishes is quite thin, I believe, which can make it a bit difficult to work with. I don't really like how well it lasts on me, so again you need a good top coat with this one.

L'Oreal Paris Nail Polish - Nouvelle Vague
This last nail polish is also the latest addition to my collection. It is a very soft lilac shade, that is really unusual. The colour isn't very bright, it definitely is more white than purple, but still very lovely. This nail polish surprised me, as the formula is really thick and opaque! Very often, these light shades are very hard to work with, but this one is beautiful! Easy to work with, lasts quite long and dries pretty quickly!


These were all of my favourite summer nail polishes! I'm definitely on the hunt for a nice pink one, as I don't really have one yet!

What are your favourite nail polishes for this summer?


No comments:

Post a Comment